Resort 2013 has unexpectedly left us wanting as these collections typically don’t warrant the attention of its fellow spring and fall shows. More specifically, it was the footwear offering that made a memorable statement with bold, intricate details and techniques.
Well aware that these styles won’t be available for purchase until next year, we can still imagine countless ways they would blend in nicely with our current summer wardrobes.
Left to right:
1. Reed Krakoff - The sporty trend lives on in this round-toe pump; and a bold stripe in a pop color adds interest.
2. Brian Atwood – Color-blocking is here to stay in rich tones and multiple ankle straps add detail.
3. Stuart Weitzman – The classic pump gets an ombré update. A sharp heel demands distinction from the average stiletto.
4. Alexander Wang – A cuffed ankle strap and psychedelic spots spice up the average sandal.
5. Gucci – A delicate weave in an earthy tone is perfect for summer.
6. Sergio Rossi – A wedge in mixed materials and a metallic heel easily transitions from day to night.
7. Alexandre Birman – Texture, color and curve appeal will pair well any summer ensemble.
8. Charlotte Olympia – The perfect all-in-one package: color-blocked pastels and brights in a sky-high platform.
9. Alexander McQueen – A sexy peep-toe, spiked heel and animal print combine to bring out just the right amount of your wild child.