Fresh Faces Hold Their Own on Red Carpet
Finally, some new faces have taken over the red carpet as awards show season continues. Our favorite actresses always come through for us; but really, how many more dresses do we need to see on Angelina and J. Lo? Move over ladies and make room for some new fashion icons who are in this for the long run. Below, five fresh faces and their looks from the 2012 SAG Awards.
1. The Help star Emma Stone graced the red carpet in shoulder to toe Alexander McQueen. The jet black, tea-length dress with its lace bodice was balanced by delicate, ankle-strap heels and Luce diamond earrings by Tiffany & Co.
2. Texas-born Amber Heard starred opposite Johnny Depp in last year’s The Rum Diary. Heard was the epitome of red carpet edge in a Zac Posen gown with strategically placed cutouts.
3. Shailene Woodley may receive less nods of approval for her choice in gowns for the SAG Awards but the star of The Descendents could learn from the constructive criticism and soon ascend to the best-dressed list . Her choice, a L'Wren Scott gown with a sequined overlay that may be better appreciated in person than in a picture.
4. Zoe Saldana, known for her previous role in Avatar, most recently starred as an assassin in Colombiana. Saldana wore a recently shown all-white, silk organza Givenchy Haute Couture gown. The neckline, resembling a spiked collar of jewels, added the perfect touch of glamour.
5. Jessica Chastain, who also starred in The Help, took it to the color extreme in a cobalt blue Calvin Klein Collection gown. The gown was stream-lined from top-to-bottom starting with the bustier and flowing into an elegant column of blue.